151. If the checked baggage, with a duly executed numbered baggage tag, arrived at the airport (point) of destination, transfer or stop and was not received or claimed by a passenger, the carrier shall find the owner of the checked baggage.
If the owner of the checked baggage is found, the carrier shall direct a written notice to the owner of the necessity to claim the baggage and the procedure of the claim or delivery of the baggage.
The checked baggage shall be kept within six months from the date of the notification of the owner of the checked baggage of the necessity to claim the baggage, and in case if the owner of the checked baggage is not found –from the date of the aircraft arrival at the airport. In case of non-receipt of the checked baggage by a passenger upon the expiry of the specified period the baggage may be sold or destroyed in accordance with the regulations of the Russian Federation.
152. Hand baggage and things specified in para. 135 of the present Regulations, left by a passenger on board the aircraft and found after the flight has been completed, shall be kept at the airport within six months after their detection from the date of the aircraft arrival at the airport.
Upon the expiry of a six months period from the date of arrival of the aircraft at the airport the hand baggage and things specified in para. 135 of the present Regulations may be sold or destroyed in accordance with the regulations of the Russian Federation.
153. Storage of the baggage subject to customs control and its disposal shall be carried out according to the procedure established by the customs legislation of the Russian Federation.
154. If the carrier has not issued the checked baggage to a passenger at the airport where the baggage should have been delivered to according to the contract for the carriage of the passenger by air, then upon a written request of the passenger executed on the basis of the transportation document, the carrier shall take the necessary measures to find the checked baggage, including:
- direction of a request of the baggage availability to the airport of departure;
- direction of a request to the airports where the baggage could be delivered by mistake;
- direction of a request of the baggage redispatching in case of its detection.
The carrier shall start searching the baggage immediately upon the presentation by a passenger of a notification of non-receipt of the baggage.
If the checked baggage is not found within twenty-one days from the date of the notification of non-receipt of the baggage, the passenger shall have the right to claim the compensation of the damage caused by the loss of the checked baggage.
If the checked baggage is found, then the carrier shall notify the passenger of the checked baggage and deliver the baggage to the airport (point) indicated by the passenger and at the passenger's request at the specified address with no additional charge levied.
Order of the Ministry of Transport of the Russian Federation (Russian Ministry of Transport) No. 82 “On approval of Federal Aviation Regulations “General regulations for carriage of passengers, baggage and cargo by air and requirements for service of passengers, shippers, and consignees” dd. June 28th, 2007.
Should any non-arrival or damage of the baggage occur You need to contact an agent for passenger air service management immediately upon arrival at the airport.
Inspector for claims
According to Article 118 of the Air Code of the Russian Federation, “the carrier shall bear liability for loss, shortage of or damage to baggage following its acceptance for carriage and until its delivery to a passenger”.